Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada, who are at least 18 years old, can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian Permanent Residents. All applicants must go through medical, criminal and background screening and must not otherwise be inadmissible. We value the importance in reuniting families, and we will help you navigate each step in the process, including identifying and filing documents, dealing with document requests, procedural fairness letters, interview preparation, and cross-border procedures. Eligible individuals can sponsor their:

  • Spouse, Common-Law Partner
    • Note: Should you decide to sponsor your spouse or common law partner who is currently residing within Canada, he or she may be eligible to apply for an open work permit while the sponsorship application is in process. Please contact us to find out if your spouse of common law partner is eligible.
  • Dependent Child (or child you plan to adopt)
  • Parents and Grandparents
  • Orphaned Relatives
  • Other Relative (for sponsors who are “Lonely Canadians” who do not have other family members living in Canada)

For assistance with sponsorship applications and for more information about the sponsorship process, please contact us.